Flashlight for your device! Incredibly simple and yet very useful flashlight application. Will use your device's camera LED as a torch.
Tiny Flashlight currently is the best flashlight application on the Android Market, because:Flashlight - 3.9.7
- It supports the widest range of devices with camera led/flash
- Has different widgets to choose from
- Has great and diverse screen lights
- Has the best support
Note: Please use the support e-mail if you have a problem with the application, because I can not reply in the comments.
Note 2: Your widget may disappear when the app is installed on the SD Card. This is a bug in Android 2.2 and 2.3. Workaround:
- Move Tiny Flashlight back to the internal storage AND reboot your device. Then re-add the widget.
Why Tiny Flashlight needs so many permissions and how are they used:
* TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEOS (CAMERA permission)
- In order to start the camera led on some devices, Tiny Flashlight has to use a small part of the camera hardware and it needs this permission. Don't worry, I'm not taking any pictures or videos without your permission. Tiny Flashlight is just accessing the camera LED.
* CONTROL FLASHLIGHT
- This is the old method of accessing the camera flash on Android 1.5 and 1.6.
*** As you know, Tiny Flashlight is free, but also is one of the best supported apps on the Android Market. Currently, this is the only app that supports almost all devices with camera led and fully supports all versions of Android (1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.0). This takes huge amounts of time and effort and to be able to do this I have to use ads inside the app.
The following permissions are required by Google's own ad provider (Admob) and Millennial Media (the biggest independent ad network). Both are respected industry leaders.
- Used to load ad info from their servers. Nothing more.
* VIEW NETWORK STATE
- This permission is used to check whether you are on a WiFi or data connection. If you are on a data connection you will see stripped-down ads (or no ads at all) to keep your bandwidth low.
* MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE
- Temporary caches some ads on your SD Card. This is another method used to save bandwidth.
* READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
- Some Motorola devices have factory bugs. These devices don't have unique IDs and this became a problem for ad networks, because they can't function without it. There is a workaround for this problem by using the PHONE IDENTITY permission. This permission is used only for getting a unique id. Nothing more.
Samsung Epic 4G 3G Galaxy S II S2 SII GS2 GSII Tab 7.0 8.9 10.1 Ace Cooper Fascinate Moment Acclaim Transform Mesmerize Charge Infuse Behold 7500 Moment, LG G-Slate Ally Apex GW620 KH5200 EVE Shine Plus Optimus 2x G2x Speed Revolution, Motorola XOOM Atrix 4G Droid Bionic X 2 i1 Pro R2D2 Backflip Cliq XT Milestone Defy, Nexus, N1, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 X3 Neo Pro Play Arc Arco, HTC Incredible G2 Desire HD HD2 EVO Shift 3D myTouch Slide Wildfire Legend Thunderbolt Inspire Sensation Merge, Bright Flashlight, Dell Streak mini, Sharp IS01 JN-DK01 SH-10B Lynx IS03 SBM003SH SBM005SH, Pantech Vega SKY X, Sanyo Zio, Toshiba Regza T-01C, bright flashlight, bright led, Garmin Asus A10, Huawei Ideos X5 U8800, Archos Coby Kyros 7015 LED, Acer Iconia A500, Torch, Light, Camera, Flash, Color, Dark, Bright, Brightness, Brightest, Lights, Signal, Find Keys, Screen, Effects, brightest flashlight, Emergency, Warning, Police, brightest led flash, DroidLight, Maximum, Backlight, Best, Great, Fun, Cool, Coolest, Widget, led flashlight, led flash, led light, brightest led flashlight, camera light, color flashlight, color flash, tesla, bright light, brightness, flash camera, flash, cam light, screen light, light effects, simple flashlight, search, screen brightness, brightest app, max brightness, maximum brightness, dark, darkness, police light, emergency light
Flashlight - 3.9.7
135 users LIKE this Android application
29 users DON'T LIKE this Android application